Fundamentals of Document Controls Training Course
The 3-day Fundamentals of Document Control training course is a one-of-a-kind course, designed and developed by Mireaux based on more than 17 years of handling documents for organizations around the world. This course is considered not just one of our best courses but also one that transforms people.
If you are new to the world of ISO or API standards, you will be amazed at the vast knowledge you will gain upon completion of this course.
If you have been dealing with standards but never received formal training, this course will help you debunk many of the myths surrounding the Document Control arena. Regardless of the standard your organization subscribes, once you attend our Document Control course, you will feel empowered to improve your own system and question the status quo.
Come to our class and learn for yourself all about Document Control and about the ISO and API standards that so dearly require it.
This remarkable course touches on the following areas:
- The commonalities of the various ISO and API standards and the specific requirements for control of documents and records.
- The establishment of a document management system, from creation of documents, to review, approval, and distribution of those documents.
- Process mapping and writing techniques that lead to the creation of well-rounded procedures.
The course is filled with practical exercises and real application examples, to help participants develop a hands-on understanding that will facilitate the implementation of a world-class document management system.
At the end of the course, participants should have the knowledge and understanding of the following concepts:
- The similarities and differences in regards to document control and record keeping requirements, among the most widely used ISO and API standards
- How to establish a document management system, including the creation, review, approval, saving, and the distribution of internal documents
- The basic document control requirements and misconceptions that will empower participants to challenge their existing or legacy document management systems
- How to map a process and create effective procedures that can be actively used
- How to maintain and retain management system documentation, such as NCRs, Corrective Actions, Audit Plans and Reports, Management Review Meeting minutes, Calibration Certificates, etc.
The duration of this course is three days, as follows:
- Day 1 8:30 AM to 4:30 PM
- Day 2 8:30 AM to 4:30 PM
- Day 3 8:30 AM to 4:30 PM
This course has:
- A practical test, completed and graded at various stages throughout the duration of the class.
- A final test, completed and graded at the end of the class.
A Certificate of Completion is provided to all participants at the end of the class.
The Fundamentals of Document Control training course does not have any prerequisite courses.
This course has been designed for individuals with absolutely no previous knowledge of management systems or for those individuals who have inherited or been put in charge of document control but have no prior experience of management systems.
Students receive comprehensive course manuals with reference materials, including:
- Presentation slides
- Workshop exercises
- Management System Standards and Document Control
- Lifecycle of a Document
- Creating a Document: Document Numbering, Document Revision
- Review and Approval
- Saving and Distribution
- Obsolete Documents
- Process Mapping and creation of procedures
- Improving document content
- Commonly Used Acronyms
- Useful MS Excel and MS Word functions
- External Documents
- Corrective Actions, NCRs, MOCs
- Certificates of Calibration
- Internal Audits, and Management Reviews Documentation
- Audit of the Document Control function
- Typical findings in the Document Control area