Root Cause Analysis and Corrective Action Training Course
The 1-Day Root Cause Analysis and Corrective Action course teaches key problem solving techniques that will yield implementation of effective corrective actions.
The course provides the skills to look for underlying causes of problems that impact an organization’s operations and ultimately its profitability.
By performing exercises and group discussions, attendees will develop a hands-on understanding that will facilitate the uncovering of true root causes of problems and the implementation of meaningful corrective actions to help the organization improve.
At the end of the course, participants should have the knowledge and understanding of the following concepts:
- The steps to properly solve a problem, whether a manufacturing or service problem.
- Detail overview of tools used for root cause analysis identification, including:
- The 5 Whys
- Cause & Effect Analysis
- The difference between Correction and Corrective Action
- How to formulate immediate and long term corrective actions, to address the root causes and prevent the original problem from reoccurring
- Checking effectiveness of Corrective Actions
The duration of this course is one day, as follows:
Day 1 8:30 AM to 4:30 PM
This course has:
- A practical test, completed and graded at various stages throughout the duration of the class.
- A final test, completed and graded at the end of the class.
A Certificate of Completion is provided to all participants at the end of the class.
The Root Cause Analysis and Corrective Action training course does not have any prerequisite courses.
This course has been designed for individuals with absolutely no previous knowledge of root cause analysis or corrective action concepts.
Students receive comprehensive course manuals with reference materials, including:
- Presentation slides
- Workshop exercises
The topics in this course include:
- Basic Quality Concepts
- Problem Solving and Root Cause Analysis
- The 5 Whys
- Cause and Effect Analysis
- Correction and Corrective Action steps
- Verifying Corrective Action effectiveness