Risk Assessment and Control Training Course
NOW AVAILABLE THROUGH LIVE STREAM
Is your Risk Management program adding value to your management system? If you feel you are going through the motions but not getting any tangible improvements out of it, come to our class and learn a simple yet powerful methodology for conducting risk assessments. Our course provides the tools your organization needs to understand, follow, and most importantly put in practice how to identify true risks and implement controls to mitigate them.
The 1-Day Risk Assessment and Control training course introduces participants to the fundamental concepts of risks, risk assessment methodologies, as well as the control of risks to minimize impacts on the following risk types:
Through workshops, case studies, and open discussions, this course provides attendees with the knowledge to identify, analyze, and evaluate risks as well as to decide the appropriate risk treatment, including implementing the controls in place to mitigate significant risks.
At the end of the course, participants should have the knowledge and understanding of the following concepts:
- The requirements for risk assessment as set forth by the most widely used ISO and API Standards
- The differences between Risk Analysis, Risk Evaluation, Risk Assessment, and Risk Management
- Proven methodology for conducting Risk Analysis
- The 4 Ts for Treatment options
- Hands-on practical Risk Assessment and Risk Management exercises
- Formulating and implementing controls for treating significant risks
This class can be delivered via:
- Public Training at our Training Center in Houston, TX
- Live Stream
- On-site at your facility
The duration of this course is one day, as follows:
Day 1 8:30 AM to 4:30 PM
This course has:
- A practical test, completed and graded at various stages throughout the duration of the class.
- A final test, completed and graded at the end of the class.
A Certificate of Completion is provided to all participants at the end of the class.
The Risk Assessment training course does not have any prerequisite courses.
This course has been designed for individuals with absolutely no previous knowledge of risk assessment or risk management. Check our suggested Training Tracks for additional information.
Students receive comprehensive course manuals with reference materials, including:
- Presentation slides
- Workshop exercises
The topics in this course include:
- Introduction to Risk Assessment
- Concepts of Risks and Definitions
- Types of Risks, Risk Register
- Risk Assessment requirements from various ISO and API Standards
- Risk Assessment Methodologies
- Risk Identification
- Risk Analysis
- Risk Evaluation
- Risk Treatment
- Risk Control