3-Day ISO 9001 QMS Internal Auditor Training Course
The ISO 9001 Internal Auditor training course is a 3-day course, encompassing the following:
- Mireaux’s 2-day ISO 9001 Implementation course
- 1-day Internal Auditing Techniques
The course is essentially two days of hands-on training on the ISO 9001:2015 Quality Management Systems – Requirements, International standard, plus one day of training in auditing techniques, focusing on three areas:
- The foundation of ISO 9001:2015 based on the common framework adopted by all ISO standards.; and the High Level Structure (HLS), common text and common terminology.
- In depth overview of each clause of the ISO 9001:2015 Quality Management Systems – Requirements, International Standard, explaining what the standard says, what the standard means, how to apply the standard in the real world, and how to audit it.
- The fundamental requirements to conduct Internal Audits in accordance with ISO 19011:2018, “Guidelines for Auditing Management Systems”.
Role-playing audit scenarios helps develop a hands-on understanding that will facilitate the implementation of a good Quality Management System and Internal Audit program.
At the end of the course, participants should have the knowledge and understanding of the following concepts:
ISO 9001:2015 standard:
- The common framework of the ISO management system standards, including the High Level Structure
- How to apply the Process Approach to identify the organization’s core and support processes
- The necessary steps to implement a brand new Quality Management System
- Each of the ISO 9001:2015 standard clause requirements
- The certification process and transition options
Internal Auditing Techniques
- Roles and responsibilities of Internal Auditors
- Establishment of an Internal Audit program
- Planning, and execution of Internal Audits
- How to write clear nonconformities and effective Internal Audit reports
The duration of this course is three days, as follows:
- Day 1 8:30 AM to 4:30 PM CST
- Day 2 8:30 AM to 4:30 PM CST
- Day 3 8:30 AM to 4:30 PM CST
This course has:
- A practical test, completed and graded at various stages throughout the duration of the class.
- A final test, completed and graded at the end of the class.
A Certificate of Completion is provided to all participants at the end of the class.
The ISO 9001:2015 Internal Auditor training course does not have any prerequisite courses.
For individuals with little or no previous knowledge of ISO 9001 or Quality Management Systems, who would like to maximize their knowledge; we recommend Mireaux’s Fundamentals of Document Control class as a preamble and introduction to management systems. Check our suggested Training Tracks for additional information.
Students receive comprehensive course manuals with reference materials, including:
- Presentation slides
- Workshop exercises
- Training copy of the standard
The topics in this course include:
- Background and History of ISO
- ISO Common Framework
- ISO Quality Management Principles
- The Process Approach
- Foundation of ISO 9001:2015
- New Concepts and Terms
- Certification options
- Detail Overview of the ISO 9001:2015 standard:
- Clause 4: Context of the organization
- Clause 5: Leadership
- Clause 6: Planning
- Clause 7: Support
- Clause 8: Operation
- Clause 9: Performance Evaluation
- Clause 10: Improvement
- Audit planning & preparation, document review
- Performing the Audit:
- Opening meeting
- Performing the audit
- Reporting audit results
- Closing meeting
- Auditor responsibilities
- Audit Closure: Corrective and Preventive action verification and follow-up