ISO 14001:2015 Implementation Training Course
The 2-Day ISO 14001 Implementation training course provides a deep look into the ISO 14001:2015 Environmental Management System — Requirements with Guidance for Use, International Standard, focusing on two areas:
- The foundation of ISO 14001:2015 based on the common framework: the High Level Structure (HLS), common text, and common terminology adopted by all ISO standards.
- In depth overview of each clause of the ISO 14001:2015 Environmental Management Systems – Requirements, International Standard, explaining what the standard says, what the standard means, how to implement the standard in the real world, and how to audit it.
The course is filled with practical exercises and real application examples, to help participants develop a hands-on understanding that will facilitate the implementation of a world-class Environmental Management System.
At the end of the course, participants should have the knowledge and understanding of the following:
- The common framework of the ISO management system standards, including the High Level Structure, common text, and common terminology.
- How to apply the Process Approach to identify the organization’s core and support processes.
- The necessary steps to implement a brand new Environmental Management System.
- Each of the ISO 14001:2015 standard clause requirements, how to implement each of these clauses in the real world, and how to audit them, including:
- How to determine the impacts and aspects within the context of the organization as well as within the organization’s processes.
- How to determine the legal requirements.
- The certification process.
The duration of this course is two days, as follows:
- Day 1 8:30 AM to 4:30 PM CST
- Day 2 8:30 AM to 4:30 PM CST
This course has two practical examinations based on the ISO clauses, completed and graded at the end of each respective module.
A Certificate of Completion is provided to all participants after the second examination review.
The ISO 14001:2015 Implementation training course does not have any prerequisite courses.
For individuals with little or no previous knowledge of ISO 14001 or Environmental Management Systems, who would like to maximize their knowledge; we recommend Mireaux’s Fundamentals of Document Control class as a preamble and introduction to management systems.
Students receive comprehensive reference materials, including:
- Presentation information
- Workshop exercises
- Training copy of the standard
The topics in this course include:
- Background and History of ISO
- Quality Management Principles
- The Common Framework of the ISO Standards
- Structure of ISO 14001:2015
- The Process Approach
- About Certification
- Detail overview of the ISO 14001:2015 standard:
- Clause 4: Context of the organization
- Clause 5: Leadership
- Clause 6: Planning
- Clause 7: Support
- Clause 8: Operation
- Clause 9: Performance Evaluation
- Clause 10: Improvement