Internal Auditing Techniques Training Course
The 1-Day Internal Auditing Techniques course is a high caliber course that teaches the fundamental requirements to create an Internal Audit program and conduct Internal Audits in accordance with ISO 19011:2018, “Guidelines for Auditing Management Systems”. This course is based on decades of experience by Mireaux staff implementing management systems, auditing management systems, and being audited.
Through role-playing and audit scenarios, this course helps develop a hands-on understanding that will facilitate the implementation of an effective Internal Audit program.
At the end of the course, participants should have the knowledge and understanding of the following concepts:
- Roles and responsibilities of Internal Auditors
- How to plan Internal Audits
- How to execute Internal Audits, through interviews, and review of documentation
- How to write clear nonconformities and effective Internal Audit reports
- Following up on nonconformities
The duration of this course is one day, as follows:
- Day 1 8:30 AM to 4:30 PM CST
- This course has a final test, completed and graded at the end of the class.
- A Certificate of Completion is provided to all participants after the Final Test review.
The Internal Auditing Techniques training course does not have any prerequisite courses.
For individuals with little or no previous knowledge of management systems, who would like to maximize their knowledge; we recommend Mireaux’s Fundamentals of Document Control class as a preamble and introduction to management systems, as well as any of the ISO or API standards implementation courses.
Students receive comprehensive course manuals with reference materials, including:
- Presentation slides
- Workshop exercises, Cases, and forms
The topics in this course include:
- Auditing Terms and Definitions
- Principles of Auditing and Auditor Competence
- Audit Planning and Audit Agenda
- Document Review and Checklists
- Performing the Audit:
- Opening meeting
- Audit Performance and Audit Findings
- Writing Nonconformities
- Closing Meeting and Audit Report
- Audit Follow Up
- Keeping your Auditing Skills Sharp