Document Control for Web QMS Training Course
The Document Control for Web QMS training course is a 5-day course, encompassing the following:
- Mireaux’s 4-day Document Control Advanced
- 1-day Document Control on Web QMS
The course is essentially four days of training on Fundamentals and Advanced Document Control, plus one day of training on Web QMS administration, focusing on:
- The establishment of a document management system, from creation of documents, to review, approval, and distribution of those documents.
- The commonalities of the various ISO and API standards and the specific requirements for control of documents and records.
- Process mapping techniques that lead to the creation of well-rounded procedures.
- The additional requirements associated with engineering and project management.
- The steps to route procedures, work instructions, and forms on Web QMS for review, and the publishing of such.
- The upkeep of documents related to Internal Audits, Management Reviews, Employee Certifications, Calibration Certificates, etc.
- The maintenance of lists such as Records Retention, Approved Supplier List, Documents of External Origin, etc.
The course is filled with practical exercises and real application examples, to help participants develop a hands-on understanding that will facilitate the implementation of a world-class document management system.
At the end of the course, participants should have the knowledge and understanding of the following concepts:
- The similarities and differences in regards to document control and record keeping, among the most widely used ISO and API standards
- How to establish a document management system, including the creation, review, approval, saving, and the distribution of internal documents
- The basic document control requirements and misconceptions that will empower participants to challenge their existing or legacy document management systems
- How to map a process and create effective procedures that can be actively used
- How to maintain and retain management system documentation, such as NCRs, Corrective Actions, Audit Plans and Reports, Management Review Meeting minutes, Calibration Certificates, etc.
- The structure and components of a Databook; the review and approval of such, as well as the distribution
- How to maintain and retain project and engineering documentation, such as Project Plans, Project Reports, Engineering Drawings, P&ID, Transmittals, etc.
- How to add documents to Web QMS, assign properties, and categories to documents, and route them for approval
- Learn to create or edit new categories, as well as core document metadata
- Learn how to assign users the appropriate roles to be able to view or approve documents
- The Web QMS Global settings to configure all modules and applications of Web QMS
The duration of this course is five days, as follows:
- Day 1 8:30 AM to 4:30 PM
- Day 2 8:30 AM to 4:30 PM
- Day 3 8:30 AM to 4:30 PM
- Day 4 8:30 AM to 4:30 PM
- Day 5 8:30 AM to 4:30 PM
This course has:
- A practical test, completed and graded at various stages throughout the duration of the class.
- A final test, completed and graded at the end of the class.
A Certificate of Completion is provided to all participants at the end of the class.
The Document Control for Web QMS Users training course does not have any prerequisite courses; however it is necessary for the participant’s organization to have our Web QMS software. Additionally, participants are required to bring a laptop for use during the class.
This course has been designed for individuals with absolutely no previous knowledge of management systems or for those individuals who have inherited or been put in charge of document control but have no prior experience of management systems. Check our suggested Training Tracks for additional information.
Students receive comprehensive course manuals with reference materials, including:
- Presentation slides
- Workshop exercises
- Management System Standards and Document Control
- Lifecycle of a Document
- Creating a Document: Document Numbering, Document Revision
- Review and Approval
- Saving and Distribution
- Obsolete Documents
- Process Mapping and creation of procedures
- Improving document content
- Commonly Used Acronyms
- Useful MS Excel and MS Word functions
- Useful PDF functions
- Recordkeeping outside and within Web QMS:
- External Documents
- Corrective Actions, NCRs, MOCs
- Calibration and Maintenance documentation
- Internal Audits, and Management Reviews Documentation
- Project plans, Project Documentation, Project Reports, Lessons Learned
- Engineering Drawings, Transmittals
- Web QMS Administration
- Publishing a new document to Web QMS, filling out the properties and core metadata
- Publishing a new revision of an existing document on Web QMS
- Routing documents for review and approval
- Adding, editing, or deleting users
- Manipulating variables under Web QMS Global Settings
- Audit of the Document Control function