API Q2 Practitioner Training Course
Created by the American Petroleum Institute (API), the 4-Day API Q2 Practitioner course, teaches the stringent requirements of the API Specification Q2, 1st Edition: Specification for Quality Management System Requirements for Service Supply Organizations for the Petroleum and Natural Gas Industry.
This course encompasses the following:
- 3-day API Q2 Fundamentals
- 1-day hands-on practice on key areas of API Q2.
The course is essentially three days of training on the standard, plus one day of training in a few key requirements of API Q2, focusing on three areas:
- The foundation, background, and importance of API Q2
- In-depth overview of each clause of the API Specification Q2, interpreting the requirements from API’s perspective, as well as providing the requirements for documentation, implementation, and record
- Extended hands-on practice on Risk Assessment, Contingency Planning, Management of Change (MOC), and Service Quality Plans.
Using “Think About It’s”, practical activities, and group workshops, this course helps attendees develop a hands-on understanding that will facilitate the successful implementation of a best in class Quality Management System certified to API Q2.
At the end of the course, participants should have the knowledge and understanding of the following:
- The background and objectives of the API Specification Q2
- Each of the API Q2 clause requirements
- The necessary steps to implement a brand new Quality Management System based on API Q2
- The steps needed to modify an existing ISO 9001 Quality Management System to conform to API Q2
- How to conduct Risk Assessments, plan for Contingencies, manage Changes, and create Service Quality Plans.
- The API Q2 certification process
The duration of this course is four days, as follows:
- Day 1 8:30 AM to 4:30 PM CST
- Day 2 8:30 AM to 4:30 PM CST
- Day 3 8:30 AM to 4:30 PM CST
- Day 4 8:30 AM to 4:30 PM CST
This course has:
- A practical examination, completed and graded at various stages throughout the duration of the class.
- A final test, completed and graded at the end of the class.
A Certificate of Completion is provided to all participants at the end of the class.
The API Q2 Practitioner training course does not have any prerequisite courses.
For individuals with little or no previous knowledge of API Q2 or Quality Management Systems, who would like to maximize their knowledge; we recommend Mireaux’s Fundamentals of Document Control class as a preamble and introduction to management systems, followed by an ISO 9001:2015 course (Implementation or Internal Auditor). Check our suggested Training Tracks for additional information.
Students receive comprehensive course manuals with reference materials, including:
- Workbook with presentation and added notes
- Appendices with training copy of the API specification Q2, Cases, and Workshops
The topics in this course include:
- API Specifications and Certification Program
- Benefits of a quality management system based on API
- Quality Management Principles
- The Process Approach
- Structure of API Specification Q2, 1st Edition
- Clause 4: Quality Management Systems Requirements:
- Quality Management System General
- Management Responsibility
- Organization Capability
- Control of Records
- Clause 5: Realization of Service and Service-related Product
- Contract Review
- Risk Assessment and Management
- Design and Development
- Contingency Planning
- Execution of Service
- Control of Testing, Measuring, Monitoring and Detection Equipment
- Service Performance Validation
- Control of Nonconformities
- Management of Change (MOC)
- Clause 6: Quality Management System, Measurement, Analysis and Improvement
- Monitoring, Measuring, and Improving
- Analysis of Data
- Management Review
- Service Quality Plan
- Risk Assessment and Management
- Contingency Plans
- Management of Change