API Q2 Fundamentals Training Course
NOW AVAILABLE THROUGH LIVE STREAM
Created by the American Petroleum Institute (API), the 2.5-Day API Q2 Fundamentals course, teaches the stringent requirements of the API Specification Q2, 1st Edition: Specification for Quality Management System Requirements for Service Supply Organizations for the Petroleum and Natural Gas Industries.
This course offers an in-depth look at API Q2, clause by clause, providing interpretation from API’s perspective, and focusing on each of the detailed requirements for documentation, implementation and record keeping.
Using “Think About It’s”, practical activities, and group workshops, this course helps attendees develop a hands-on understanding that will facilitate the successful implementation of a best in class Quality Management System certified to API Q2.
At the end of the course, participants should have the knowledge and understanding of the following:
- The background and objectives of the API Specification Q2
- Each of the API Q2 clause requirements
- The API Q2 certification process
This class can be delivered via:
- Public Training at our Training Center in Houston, TX
- Live Stream
- On-site at your facility
The duration of this course is three days, as follows:
- Day 1 8:30 AM to 4:30 PM CST
- Day 2 8:30 AM to 4:30 PM CST
- Day 3 8:30 AM to 12:30 PM CST
This course has a practical examination, completed and graded at various stages throughout the duration of the class.
A Certificate of Completion is provided to all participants at the end of the class.
The API Q2 Fundamentals training course does not have any prerequisite courses.
For individuals with little or no previous knowledge of API Q2 or Quality Management Systems, who would like to maximize their knowledge; we recommend Mireaux’s Fundamentals of Document Control class as a preamble and introduction to management systems, followed by an ISO 9001:2015 course (Implementation or Internal Auditor).
Students receive comprehensive course manuals with reference materials, including:
- Workbook with presentation and added notes
- Appendices with training copy of the API specification Q1, Cases, and Workshops
The topics in this course include:
- Importance of API
- Overview and Exclusions
- Clause 4: Quality Management Systems Requirements
- Clause 5: Realization of Service and Service-related Product
- Clause 6: Quality Management System, Measurement, Analysis and Improvement