API Q1 9th Edition Addendum 2 Internal Auditor Training Course
The API Q1 Internal Auditor training course is a 3-day course, encompassing the following:
- 2-days detail overview of API Q1 requirements
- 1-day Internal Auditing Techniques
The course is essentially two days of hands-on training on the API Q1 9th Edition Addendum 2 Specification for Quality Management System Requirements for Manufacturing Organizations for the Petroleum and Natural Gas Industries, plus one day of training in auditing techniques.
This course has been designed by Mireaux Management Solutions based on years of experience implementing API Q1 Quality Management Systems, auditing Quality Management Systems, and training on API Q1. This course focuses on three areas:
- Background and application of API Q1 9th Edition Addendum 2.
- In depth overview of each clause of the API Q1 9th Edition Addendum 2 Specification for Quality Management System Requirements for Manufacturing Organizations for the Petroleum and Natural Gas Industries, explaining what the specification says, what the specification means, how to implement the specification in the real world, and how to audit it.
- The fundamental requirements to create an Internal Audit Program and conduct Internal Audits in accordance with ISO 19011:2018, “Guidelines for Auditing Management Systems”.
Role-playing audit scenarios helps develop a hands-on understanding that will facilitate the implementation of a good Quality Management System and Internal Audit program.
At the end of the course, participants should have the knowledge and understanding of the following concepts:
API Q1 9th Edition Addendum 2 Specification
- Industry Applicability of the API Q1 specification.
- How to apply the Process Approach to identify the organization’s core and support processes.
- The necessary steps to:
- Implement a brand new Quality Management System based on API Q1
- Upgrade an existing Quality Management System from ISO 9001 to API Q1
- Each of the API Q1 specification clause requirements, how to implement each of these clauses in the real world, and how to audit them.
- The APIQR registration and certification process.
Internal Auditing Techniques
- Roles and responsibilities of Internal Auditors
- How to plan Internal Audits
- How to execute Internal Audits, through interviews, and review of documentation
- How to write clear nonconformities and effective Internal Audit reports
- Following up on nonconformities
The duration of this course is three days, as follows:
- Day 1 8:30 AM to 5:00 PM CST
- Day 2 8:30 AM to 5:00 PM CST
- Day 3 8:30 AM to 5:00 PM CST
This course has a final test, completed and graded at the end of the class.
A Certificate of Completion is provided to all participants after the Final Test review.
The API Q1 Internal Auditor training course does not have any prerequisite courses.
For individuals with little or no previous knowledge of API Q1 or Quality Management Systems, who would like to maximize their knowledge; we recommend Mireaux’s Fundamentals of Document Control class as a preamble and introduction to management systems, followed by an ISO 9001:2015 course (Implementation or Internal Auditor).
Students receive comprehensive reference materials, including:
- Presentation information
- Workshop exercises
- Training copy of the specification
The topics in this course include:
- Background and History of API Q1
- Quality Management Principles
- Structure of API Q1 9th Edition Addendum 2
- The Process Approach
- About APIQR Registration and Certification Program
- Detail overview of Clause 4: Quality Management Systems Requirements
- Quality Management System
- Management Responsibility
- Organization Capability
- Documentation Requirements
- Detail overview of Clause 5: Product Realization
- Contract Review
- Risk Assessment and Management
- Design and Development
- Contingency Planning
- Production and Servicing Provision
- Control of Testing, Measuring, and Monitoring Equipment
- Product Release
- Control of Nonconforming Product
- Management of Change (MOC)
- Detail overview of Clause 6: Quality Management System Monitoring, Measurement, Analysis and Improvement
- Monitoring, Measuring, and Improving
- Analysis of Data
- Management Review
- Auditing Terms and Definitions
- Principles of Auditing and Auditor Competence
- Audit Planning and Audit Agenda
- Document Review and Checklists
- Performing the Audit:
- Opening meeting
- Audit Performance and Audit Findings
- Writing Nonconformities
- Closing Meeting and Audit Report
- Audit Follow Up
- Keeping your Auditing Skills Sharp