API Monogram License Consulting
API Monograms are highly recognized across the world as the seal of approval for quality and reliable product performance. Products carrying the API Monograms are usually preferred over products who do not carry such.
Mireaux personnel has the capability to assist your organization implement an API product specification alongside and ensure that your organization also complies with all requirements of API Specification Q1.
To learn more about how Mireaux can help your organization achieve an API Monogram certification, please contact Mireaux at 713-589-4680.
About the API Monogram License
The American Petroleum Institute (API) has over 600 product specifications designed to facilitate the consistent manufacturing of products used in the petroleum and gas industry.
By adhering to these API product specifications and being part of the API Monogram program, licensed manufacturers have an opportunity to mark conforming product so that is easily identifiable in the field as well as traceable back to the place and date of manufacture. API Monograms are highly recognized across the world as the seal of approval for quality and reliable product performance. Products carrying the API Monograms are usually preferred over products who do not carry such.
Mireaux has experience helping manufacturing organizations achieve API product certification and being able to monogram their products. Call us today at (713) 589-4680 and let us help your product obtain the recognition it deserves.
Mireaux Management Solutions has extensive experience conducting various types of audits against API Monogram Specifications, including the following:
Mireaux can help you implement an audit program that is suitable to your organization and that can be carried out effectively and consistently.
Web QMS Software
Cloud-base, secure and powerful, our Web QMS software helps you achieve, maintain, and improve your API Certifications, allowing your employees full access and visibility to your management system – anytime, anywhere.
- Approved Supplier List -> Supplier Corrective Actions
- Asset Register
- Behavioral Base Safety (BBS)
- Business Continuity Plan (BCP)
- Calibration -> Out-of-Tolerance Conditions
- Communication Plan
- Conformity Matrix
- Contingency Planning
- Corrective Action
- Critical Processes
- Critical Services and SRP
- Customer Complaints
- Customer Property
- Customer Satisfaction
- Emergency Contacts
- Emergency Preparedness
- Employee Certifications
- Employee Handbook
- Equipment Maintenance
- External Audits -> External Audit Findings
- External Documents
- HSE Manual
- HSE Policy
- Information Security Incidents
- Internal Audits -> Internal Audit Findings
- Inventory Control
- ISMS Manual
- ISMS Policy
- Job Descriptions
- Job Safety Analysis (JSA)
- Lessons Learned
- List of Legal Requirements
- Main Process Map
- Management of Change (MOC)
- Management Reviews -> Management Review Action Items
- Monitoring and Measuring
- Nonconformance Report (NCR)
- Organizational Charts
- Preventive Action
- Procedures, Work Instructions & Forms
- Product Quality Plans
- Quality Manual
- Quality Policy
- Records Retention
- Risk Assessment -> Significant Risks
- Safety Incidents
- Service Quality Plan
- Short Service Employee (SSE)
- Special Interest Groups
- Statement of Applicability
- Training Events
- Training Plan
Frequently Asked Questions
For up to date information on API Monograms, please visit API’s website at www.api.org.
Here are a few examples of API Specifications available:
- API Spec 4F: Specification for Drilling and Well Services Structures
- API Spec 6A: Specification for Wellhead and Christmas Tree Equipment
- API Spec 7-1: Specification for Rotary Drill Stem Elements
- API Spec 11E: Specification for Pumping Units
When assisting organizations implement API product specifications with the goal of obtaining a monogram license, Mireaux Consultants first determine the product specifications requirements applicable to the organization. Many of the product specifications are applicable to certain PSL and working conditions, and therefore not all requirements may apply. Once applicability has been determined, the process is largely dictated by whether the organization is already certified to a Quality Management System such as API Q1, or ISO 9001 or has no certifications.
If the organization had no QMS certifications, Mireaux uses its Proven Consulting Approach in order to bring the organization’s QMS up and running. A Design Package as well as a Design and Development procedure will also be put in place along with all the requirements of the API product specification in question.
If the organization is already certified to ISO 9001 or API Q1, Mireaux is fully cognizant that the success of the API monogram license rests on leaving no stones unturned in order to better prepare the organization for success. Therefore besides assisting with the Design Package and Design and Development procedures, Mireaux will ensure that all requirements of API Q1, as well as the API product specification in question, have been met.
For up to date information on API Monograms, please visit API’s website at www.api.org. As it stands now, in order for an organization to be licensed to apply an API monogram, the licensee must implement, maintain, and continually improve their Quality Management System to meet the requirements of API Spec Q1, although API Q1 certification is not required.
In essence, the organization applying for an API Monogram need not be certified to API Q1, however if they are not, they still have to be in full compliance with all the applicable requirements of API Q1.
For up to date information on API Monograms, please visit API’s website at www.api.org, where there is an online application process. In general the following steps apply:
- Have a Quality Management System that has been operational for at least four (4) months and is compliant with API Spec Q1.
- Describe the Quality Management System in a Quality Manual. The Quality Manual must recognize each requirement of API Spec Q1.
- Maintain the technical capability to manufacture products compliant with the applicable API product specification.
- Complete and sign the API Spec Q1, 9th Edition Conformity Matrix
- Perform a documented internal audit according to the requirements of API Spec Q1.
- Perform a documented management review according to the requirements of API Spec Q1.
- Submit your Quality Manual, Conformity Matrix and application on the API website.