Fundamentals of Document Control
Mireaux’s Fundamentals of Document Control training course provides instruction in the creation of a document control system, the different kinds of documents an organization may use, the creation of documents, and how to handle audits of documentation required for ISO as well as API Spec Q1, 9th Edition and API Spec Q2 compliance.
3-Day Fundamentals of Document Control
It can also offer instruction in controlling project documentation and in using Mireaux’s Web QMS enterprise management software applications related to documentation, including Master Documents, CIP, and NCR.
The target audience for this course includes quality, administrative, or document control personnel who are involved in the design, implementation, and management of their organization’s document control system.
- Understand the basic principles of document control
- Understand how to design an effective document control system
- Learn to create effective documents
- Learn how to maintain all records required for ISO and API Spec Q1 9th Edition and API Spec Q2
- Understand the basics of project document control (Day 4 Advanced Document Control course only)
- Learn how to most efficiently use Web QMS for documentation compliance with ISO and API Spec Q1 9th Edition and API Spec Q2 (Day 5 Document Control for Web QMS Users course only)
Duration and Class Hours
The Fundamentals of Document Control is a three-day course. Day 4 (currently not offered) is for the Advanced Document Control course and Day Five (currently not offered) is for the Document Control for Web QMS Users course. Times are allocated as follows:
|Day 1:||8:30 am – 4:30 pm|
|Day 2:||8:30 am – 4:30 pm|
|Day 3:||8:30 am – 4:30 pm|
|Day 4:||8:30 am – 4:30 pm|
|Day 5:||8:30 am – 4:30 pm|
This course is designed for individuals with little to no knowledge of document control.
For all versions of the course, attendees should bring any of their organization’s documents that deal with document control (document control procedures or work instructions, any relevant forms, etc.)
If Day 5 is desired, attendees should also bring copies of nonconformance reports, corrective and preventive actions, or customer complaints.
Students receive comprehensive course manuals with reference materials, including:
- Presentation information
- Case studies
- Workshop exercises
- Forms used throughout the course
Lunch, beverages, and snacks are provided throughout the day at no additional cost for each day of training. We accept menu requests to accommodate attendees with food allergies or specific dietary requirements.
Lunch: Fajitas, deli meals, or hot plates
Snacks: Breakfast bars, fruit, desserts, cookies, or pastries
Beverages: Coffee, soda, and water is served all day.
This course is taught in English. For information on a similar course in Spanish, please contact Mireaux’s office at 713-589-4680.
The topics in this course include:
Day 1: Fundamentals of Document Control
- Basic Concepts and Benefits
- Management System Standards and Document Control
- Common Documents
- Specific Documents
- Lifecycle of a Document
- Creating a Document: Document Numbering, Document Revision
- Review and Approval
- Obsolete Documents
Day 2: Fundamentals of Document Control (continued)
- Commonly Used Acronyms
- Grammar and Content
- Excel Functions
- Data Validation
- Document Properties
- Table of Contents
Day 3: Fundamentals of Document Control (continued)
- Standard Terminology
- Useful Words
- Controlling External Documents
- Certificates of Calibration and Personnel
- CIPs, NCRs
- Audit Documentation, Management Reviews
- Work Orders
- Audits of Document Control
Day 4: Document Control for Project Management and Engineering (Currently not Offered)
- Distinguishing between project and internal documents.
- Types of project documents.
- Numbering project documents.
- Strategies for inter-organizational revisions and approvals.
- Strategies for sending and receiving documents to customer. Learn about transmittals.
Day 5: Document Control Using Web QMS (Currently not Offered)
- Using the Master Documents application on Web QMS.
- Using the Glossary module on Web QMS.
- Using the CIP and NCR applications on Web QMS.
- Handling customer complaints.
- Storing records on Web QMS for calibration, maintenance, employee certifications and training.
- Learn how to update records for internal and external audits as well as management reviews.
Training Center Information
Mireaux Management Solutions
12802 Willow Centre Dr.
Houston, TX 77066
View detailed Training Center Information page.